We can only write about our own experiences, it would not be faire to repeat stories on he says she says principles. So in this article, we will relate our experience with and Pacific Freight Company Limited SL in Freetown, which committed to first deliver a 300CT parcel for us, than the shipment was stopped, than diverted to Guinea without our permission or consent.
In order to make up for this debacle, Mr Malik its Director agreed to ship a smaller parcel at no extra cost of course, since he never delivered on the service he was paid for. Than 2 weeks later came back on his word once again, and started making stories up. Deadline was given to and Pacific Freight Company Limited SL to reimburse the funds in full and the company failed to do so for over 3 months!
We highly recommend that you stay away from this alleged “Shipping Company” and Mr Haruna Malik its Director. They have brought us nothing but headaches, have no business ethics what so ever, and quite frankly, are a complete embarrassment to the Sierra Leone Diamond Industry.
Feel free to call us at +1-305-600-1814 for more details.
Here is a summary of the Rough Diamonds Production in CTS per Country for 2014:
- Russia with 34,303,500 CTS Produced
- Botswana with 24,668,090.77 CTS Produced
- Democratic Republic of Congo with 15,652,014.63 CTS produced
- Canada with 12,011,619 CTS Produced
- Australia with 9,288,231.89 CTS Produced
- Angola with 8,791,340.01 CTS Produced
- South Africa with 7,430,955.94 CTS Produced
- Zimbabwe with 4,771,636.82 CTS Produced
- Namibia with 1,917,689.70 CTS Produced
- Sierra Leone with 620,181.11 CTS Produced
- Lesotho with 346,017.12 CTS Produced
- Tanzania with 253,180.25 CTS Produced
- Ghana with 242,259.59 CTS Produced
- Guinea with 164,058.72 CTS Produced
- Guyana with 99,950.34 CTS Produced
- Liberia with 65,822.49 CTS Produced
- Brazil with 56,923.25 CTS Produced
- Republic of Congo with 53,162.70 Produced
- India with 37,024.72 CTS Produced
- Cameroon with 3,718.16 CTS Produced
- Cote d’ Ivoire with 1,074.15 CTS Produced
- Togo with 16.72 CTS Produced
The Total World Diamond Production for 2014 was 124,778,468.08 CTS
Source: Kimberley Process Certification Scheme
News of Alrosa & related companies being victim of a theft is going around the diamond community. Alrosa is the largest diamond producing company worldwide, by far. It is owned by the Russian Government and Private Companies.
The Gokhran Depository is holding precious metals, jewels and stones, and has fallen victim of theft before. It is reported that several large stones were stolen from a large parcel on deposit and replaced by smaller ones.
The depository holds Russia’s supplies of gold, silver, platinum, diamonds, emeralds, sapphires, pearls and other stones and precious metals, and has been robbed several times over the years.